- Data flows are information about some business event being tracked by the application.
- A data flow is data or information that is in transit.
- A data flow might be a piece of paper, a report, a diskette, or a computer message.
- Data flows in a diagram are directed arrows that depict data movement from one place to another.
- They do not identify physical items.
- For example, an invoice is information about an order that would also have actual goods. A data flow to a customer shows the invoice but not the physical goods.
- for each data flow, create a definition in the data dictionary.
The dictionary of Data Flow
Sumber: Conger, 2008